Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ducati


Ducati treatment angers Capirossi

Capirossi is unhappy at the way Ducati broke the news
Ducati rider Loris Capirossi says he is "disgusted" by the way the team handled the signing of his replacement for next season, Marco Melandri.
The 34-year-old said he only found out the news had been made public when he saw a copy of the press release, rather than being told personally.

"I don't think they've treated me well, and all that has happened has disgusted me," he told La Stampa newspaper.

"Ducati's given me a lot, I can't deny, but I've offered a lot in return."

Capirossi said the team had made some effort to make room for him next season on a third factory bike, in addition to the first-choice pairing of Melandri and championship leader Casey Stoner, but he was not happy with the offer.

"Team chief Livio Suppo offered me a third bike identical to the factory team's machines, but my engineer Christian Populin would be moved to work with Melandri and I would be part of the d'Antin satellite team," he said.

"The truth is I was expecting something different."

Capirossi has been linked with Kawasaki and Suzuki so even if he leaves Ducati he should remain in MotoGP.

"I will be riding next year if all goes well, and possibly even in 2009," he said.

No comments: